Do you experience one or more of the following at work?
- Feeling stressed
- In a constant state of anxiety
- Finding it hard to make decisions
- Feeling unhappy and demotivated
- Facing redundancy or recently made redundant
- Wondering whether or not you are in the right job
- Losing your temper
- Feeling out of your depth and not able to cope
- Lacking confidence
- Feeling like you are stuck in a rut
- Work taking on too much importance in your life
How counselling can help
Counselling can help you feel less ‘stuck’ or ‘trapped’ at work by taking a step back to look at what’s going on for you and why.
By exploring the nature of your work and how you approach it, counselling can help you understand the nature of any stress and other difficulties that you may be experiencing. With this understanding, we can develop coping mechanisms or seek to change your circumstances to minimise the risk of stressful situations arising.
Counselling can help you re-connect with what you once found enjoyable about work and work out where your strengths really lie. It can help you take stock of your career. and help you decide if you want to make changes, and how you can bring these changes about.
The process of counselling can help put things in perspective by helping you to step away from your day-to-day reality and help you come to terms with where you currently are and where you may want to be.