Do you experience one or more of the following?
- Lacking in confidence
- Feeling others are better than you
- Not being able to stand up for yourself
- Easily influenced by other people
- Going ‘with the flow’ when sometimes you don’t want to
- Feeling ‘invisible’ around other people
How counselling can help
Counselling can help you to understand yourself better, including what you value about yourself, how you relate to others and in what circumstances you don’t feel good about yourself or your abilities.
This understanding of yourself is likely to emerge from looking at past experiences and attempting to identify patterns in your thinking and behaviour. This exploration will also help you better understand some of the choices you have made. Knowing yourself better and creating some much-needed clarity can help you make different choices in the future.
Work in the counselling room can also help you to forge new ways of thinking about yourself and situations which will translate into more positive feelings of self-worth.